Saturday, March 16, 2013

Off to the races!

               The Duchess and her prince were out and about at the races this weekend and in doing so we got a flirty little coat number out of it... and a bit more leg than we usually get. It was a dusky pink a brown combo and maybe (at least I hope) a sartorial slip of her telling us it will be a girl.

I don't think I would personally try anything that short but maybe if I had her legs I would be singing a different tune.  Let's start at the top.  We got a three-peat out of her Lock & Co. "Betty Boop" hat.  While I can usually never get the hats right- on this we can.

GirlFabulosity

The wonderful GirlFabulosity on Etsy.com has an exact RepliKate and word on the WKW Facebook street is that she has great work.  You can purchase the "Kate's St. Patricks Day Hat" for $124.00 from her Etsy store font.

We got a new pair of citrine earrings from Kiki McDonough with beautiful 10mm citrine cushion cuts of her diamond hoops.  Apparently Catherine is REALLY into this "drop of honey" colored gemstone.

I found the right shape and size of the stone from an Etsy seller and anyone could easily remove the french hook earwires and add their on loop to add to existing pair of hoops or buy some studded hoops to finish off the exact look.


OhKuol

These "Gold Citrine Quartz Earrings" in a honey color can be purchased from the OhKuol Etsy.com storefront for $42.00.

Now for the coat... I think I did AWESOME on this one.  While it is not double breasted- it is the right color has the envelope collar, and tabbed sleeves. It can also be customized to your length or any other change you could think of.  That is why I love Etsy. 

xiaolizi

This "Asymmetric Collar Camel Cashmere Coat" can be purchased from the xiaolizi Etsy.com storefront for $158.00.

I list again the "Celesta Clutch" that can be ordered in brown to RepliKate the Emmy Shoes clutch she was carrying.

Arvishas

You can purchase this clutch from the Arvishas Etsy.com storefront for $87.00.

Many of you know that I am a conscientious objector to the MaxMara Studio leopard print dress (though I may like it shorter now) so I insert my own ideas here:

HSN.com


This "Pleated Chiffon Dress with Belt" by Jessica Simpson in Cafe au Lait can be purchased from HSN.com for $79.90.  I just love the color, the sleeve length, and the fun little ruffle at the bottom.

If she ever took of the coat, I think those patterned tights with a patterned dress may have been a bit much.  If you love them so much you need a RepliKate leave me a comment and I will send you what I found.  I really would have preferred plain tights. On that note- I present my favorite brown tights from Pretty Polly (I am OBSESSED just in case you were curious).

Pretty Polly

These brown 40 Denier tights come in a 2 pair pack for $15.00 and can be purchased from several retailers or directly from Pretty Polly's new US online store.

The last little bit is always my favorite- the shoes.  The brown suede version of the Stuart Weitzman "Zipkin" boots were an exclusive to Russell & Bromley but the black suede are still in most sizes on Zappos.com.  I can't fit any of this business over my own calves but of all the brown suede boots I looked at for this post, these were my favorite.

6pm.com


These Nine West "Dearest" boots in dark brown suede are to the knee and have the sweetest gold tone zipper up the back, probably my favorite part.  They can be purchased for $115.03 from 6pm.com.

Love pink and brown as an outfit combo and it was nice to see the more age appropriate side of Catherine- showing us she is pregnant, not dead yet :-)

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment