Sunday, March 3, 2013

Snow Bunny Alert

          I have always had visions of myself as a ski bunny but alas from where I live, snow is so far away that really I can only imagine it in theory.  There is no rule about not looking like you are ready to hit the slopes even though they are no where near you- right?  We all got a lovely surprise to see the Duchess and her Prince in Switzerland to enjoy a destination wedding of dear friends.

I have previously posted my RepliKate for the "Darwin" jacket by L.K. Bennett but I have it below in case there are a few others who would like to snag the last 7-8 of the jackets that are left.

HSN

The "Dramatically Draped Faux Shearling Jacket" from the Iman Platinum collection at HSN.com can be purchased for $99.95 and is currently also available on flex pay.

For the Duchess' shades you can actually have the real thing for a "not so huge" splash-out.  I found a retailer online that currently has them listed for under $200.

SelectSpecs

These "Obsedia" Givenchy sunglasses can be purchased from selectspecs.com for $165.18.

For a less expensive version, these cuties from Target are a great RepliKate.

Target

The Merona "Plastic Rounded Sunglasses with Open Lens" in black can be purchased for $16.99 from Target.com.

On this outing on the slopes we also found out that much like us, when Catherine finds something she likes she buys it in more than one color. We have previously seen her cream version of the Temperley "Honeycomb Tunic" and now we know she has it in black as well.

QVC

QVC has a great "Textured Cowl Neck Tunic Sweater" by Susan Graver in black can be purchased from QVC.com for $38.50.  You don't get the sleeve detail but it will cover your rear!

In East Tennessee there will probably never be a need for fleece lined leggings but if I ever did get to be a snow bunny, I would definitely want a pair.

Bare Necessities

I went to me favorite source for all things hosiery and they pulled through.  Plush makes these "Cotton Fleece-Lined Leggings" in black and can be purchased for $75.00 from BareNecessities.com.

Now to the boots everyone has been talking about.  I am not touting these as an ID, but I would not be surprised if Catherine's real boots are made by the first company.  If we are accessorizing our HSN "Darwin" RepliKate, then I would suggest getting these boots in brown but both also come n black if we are exactly RepliKate-ing.


Amazon.com

The expensive RepliKate (for people who actually encounter snow and cold weather) are the "Dago" boot from Pajar made from cow and goat skin/fur.  They can be purchased for $259.95 from Amazon.com.

The budget RepliKate is from Bearpaws and are absolutely precious and MUCH easier on the wallet.


Amazon.com

The "Women's Sonjo II Mid-Calf Boot" in Chocolate can be purchased from Amazon.com for $58.62.  And a reminder- both this boot and the Pajar boot come in black as well, as seen below.

Amazon.com

It wouldn't be a rediculousy detailed post from me if I didn't RepliKate EVERYTHING the Duchess had on her person :-)  Have any sledding needs?  If so, you could be the proud owner of a sledge.

Sports Recreation Mall

This "Alpine Sleds L-1000 Tracker - Large" can be purchased for $119.00 from Sportsrecreationmall.com.

Are there any other snow bunnies in the house?

Till next time- happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I have a request, when you can... if you see a good plus sized replikate can you post it as an alternative for your plus sized readers ? :P

    ReplyDelete