Saturday, December 8, 2012

How to Look Smashing Leaving the Hospital

               I have been sharing my Repli-Kate finds on Facebook but have finally decided to consolidate them all here.  There is an app for this of course- but most of the items are from the UK.  This blog is for those of us in the United States to Repli-Kate the looks of HRH the Duchess of Cambridge on a non-princess budget.

To start I will just begin with the last time that we saw her exiting the hospital with her doting husband. I was able to get pretty much the entire outfit! Of course nothing is going to be exactly the same but for those of us without a duchy to fill our pocketbooks- I will try to get a close as possible to create the same effect. 


For future posts I will just start working my way back in time (we have a bit of a rest in her appearances anyways) and I also TOTALLY welcome challenges from readers on items they haven't been able to Repli-Kate yet or would like help with.


Let's start!


Original Look:

splashnews.com


The Coat:

Old Navy has a wonderful wool coat that is a black and blue plaid with a ruffle placket. I own this coat myself and it has a lovely fit and the wool material is actually very nice for the price paid for it.

At the time of posting the coast was on sale for $45.00 and can be purchased from Old Navy here.



Old Navy
Women's Ruffled Wool-Blend Coat Black & Blue Plaid


The Scarf:

While it may be impossible to identify who made the scarf the Duchess wore there are many similar items out there.  I found this scarf on Etsy for $9.95.  Of course I snatched it up.  I have not gotten it in the mail yet but it looks lovely and you can't beat the price.


Anna Mae Designs
Luxurious Periwinkle Pashmina Scarf

Created and sold by Anna Mae Designs on Etsy it can be purchased from her Etsy shop here.



The Boots:
These were harder to find- but I prevailed.  I doubt that I will personally purchase these as I have very wide calves and can generally never wear regular sized boots- but these are dead on, even if I won't see them in person.

Very Volatile 
Women's Whistler Knee-High Boot


They are available from several retailers online starting at around $130.00 to purchase.  They can be found at several retailer but the lease expensive can be purchased from Amazon here.

With all these items- all you need to do is fill in the look with your own black tights and dress!  

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment