Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wedgewood Blue and Lady-Like Lace and Pearls

               In many of the blogs that I follow that watch what the Duchess of Cambridge wears- there was a huge majority that felt the customized Temperley lace overlay dress in Wedgwood blue for tea at the British High Commission was on of their tour favorites in South East Asia celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.  

There were a few ideas out there on how to RepliKate this look but nothing was really quite it.  But last night I had a breakthrough.  I found not one, not two but THREE great RepliKate ideas!

Let's start with the inspiration:

splashnews.com

The dress is obviously the key component here and I found three great options.  The first is  a pencil skirt dress that has the lovely color of the Duchess' dress with the lace applique only on the bust of the dress.

eBay
Closet Lace Top Pencil Dress

The dress is actually from a British retailer Closet, which I know kinda breaks with the US retailer premise of the blog, but it was too good not to share.  It can be found listed on eBay here.

But the real winner, winner, chicken dinner is what I found last night below.


Dessy
Collection Style 2878

The only kicker is- you have to order from an authorized retailer (and I have no idea what the price would be, though generally most dresses from them are in the $160-$190 range and on up).  Your most likely source is to use the Dessy store finder here and contact a local store to see about ordering options.  You can check out the dresses site here to see all the millions of color combinations available for this dress.


I must admit- this one is pretty dead on.  I know she did not have a bow sash, so for the sticklers there is one more Dessy dress that might work, it just isn't photographed in the right color combo.  It has a smaller lace pattern- and no sash.



Dessy
Collection Style 2866

It has a smaller, more delicate lace pattern and no belt and would be a second great choice from Dessy. The web page to see the color combinations is here.

For both dresses I personally like the White Lace with the Cloud Satin combo.


Now for the accessories.  There was also a large online consensus that we all LOVED her pearl pins in the often missing updo.  Below is a close-up of the Duchess' hair at the tea party:



splashnews.com

I found a great RepliKate on Etsy:


NorthwestBridal
Swarovski Pearl Bridal Hair Pins 8mm

They are listed for $12.00 for a set of 6 and you can purchase a pair from NorthwestBridal's Etsy shop here.

Personally I was not really feeling the earrings but generally light blue topaz can look beautiful in just about all presentations.  My RepliKate interpretation is from JTV.


JTV
5.20ctw Pear Shape And Baguette Glacier Topaz(Tm) And White Topaz Sterling Silver Earrings

They are listed for $49.99 and can be purchased from JTV here.


Of course she wore her trusty LK Bennett Sledge pumps.  My RepliKates are from Nine West and are wonderfully comfortable (I own this one) and are a great look for the price!

Nine West
Regola

They are currently priced at $79.00 (but they are ALWAYS running sales) and are in the Tortora Patent Leather.  They can be purchased from Nine West here.

So what do you think?  Is it time to plan a grown up tea party of your own?  Till next time- happy shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! Can I just say that I LOVE your blog so far! I too live in the U.S. and have been following several Kate fashion blogs and I am excited to start following yours. I have a quick question, actually a couple of questions if you don't mind? The first is on the Regola pump from Nine West, I saw these online while looking for a "replikate" of the Sledge pump, are the Nine West as comparable as they seem? Also, how tall are they and do you find them comfortable? They seem so similar but before I purchase them I'd love some first-hand info on how comfortable they are! Also, I noticed you found similar boots to the ones Kate wore home from hospital, have you found any boots similar to the Aquatalia Rhumba boots she wears so often? I'd love to purchase both the Rhumba and the Sledge but I'm a college student and unfortunately can't justify spending a $1,000.00 on shoes rather than tuition :) I'm sorry to pester you with all of these questions! If it's a bother you don't have to reply, I look forward to seeing more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own the Regolas and they are quite comfortable for the almost 4 inch heels that they have- but the platform helps. Timewise I would say these are 4 hours on your feet shoes or all day with off and on standing. They look gorgeous in person and I get compliments on the all the time. I waited for the 30% off friends and family discount to get mine :-)

      I have found a great RepliKate for the Aquatalia Rhumba boots but they are for calves around 15-16 inches wide. If that fits the bill for you then I will send you the information! If not I continue my search daily :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate the info! I wasn't sure if they were "sitting" shoes only or if they were more comfortable than that :) I just moved to Tennessee from the west coast and found out there is an LK Bennett store in Atlanta, I'm so tempted to go check the Sledge out but it might be too tempting! So for now I think I will check in to the Regola pump.

    I think my calf is around 12-13 inches, but I'd love the info on what you've found! I'll continue to keep my eyes posted as well. If you don't want to post the info here about the boots my email is sbonney1@gmail.com , Thank you so much :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to find your site. It's wonderful! I've been following a couple of Kate fashion blogs, but most of Kate's choices are way too expensive for me--or if they are even in the $ ballpark, the retailer does not ship to the US--or charges an arm and a leg to ship to the USA. Of course, my credit card levies a surcharge on foreign purchases, too.

    I did not really understand how to order items straight from your site without going to the Penney's site, the Amazon site, etc. Do I have to join Google Plus?
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you likt the blog- I knew there had to be other people in the same boat as me. Loving what the Duchess wore but other blogs being primarily focused on British retailers who charge a fortune to ship here.

      Unfortunately my Google Market account is not completely set-up so until then you will have to make purchases directly from the retailer links listed. Once I get more traffic we should be good to go for one-stop shopping. I am only 8 days old after all :-).

      Keep checking back. I have about 23 posts planned so for so in the next day or two I will have another one up!

      Delete