Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pretty in Pink... Or White

               We recently saw Catherine and her Prince visiting their namesake city of Cambridge and on that visit she wore the yummiest soft pink Max Mara coat.  As winter is here for many it may be time for a coat collection addition and I think what I found to RepliKate this soft look (how appropriate for a new mommy-to-be) is a good start.

Here is Mrs. Cambridge's entire ensemble for the day:

splashnews.com

There is a lot going on here for such a seemingly simple idea of coat and a dress :-)  Let's begin with the coat shall we?

I found the below coat from one of my new favorite retailers- JCPenney's.  They got company make-over and boy was it a good one!

JCPenney
Worthington® Mixed Media Coat in Pink Chiffon

The Duchess' coat was of course a wonderful mix of wool and cashmere but a $700 coat is not usually on most shopping lists for the winter.  There is a bit of fun texture going on here that her coat lacks but the silhouette and color are dead on.  Personally if I chose this coat for RepliKating purposes I would lose the bow belt since there is already so much visual interest going on here.  For $50.00 this figure flattering blush pink coat can be yours.  It comes in both women's and plus sizing and can be purchased from JCPenney here.

For a more simple look I also found a coat with the EXACT silhouette and material make-up but no pink here- sadface.  Though I may just be mad enough to buy this coat and dump a bit of petal pink RIT dye in the wash to get exactly what I want while some of you may just like the coat in the white color- it has a very mod/minimalist look this way.


piperlime.com
Tinley Road Classic Claudine Coat in White

At $74.99, this coat won't break the bank and you can always add that pop of color with the following accessory to complete the coat look in this ensemble. 

Both coats online seem to be a bit shorter than her coat but you can never tell on super tall models how they will look.  I would make sure you look at the measurements listed on the purchasing websites before committing to anything.

And here is that all too telling little pink bow.

Nordstrom
Another Line Faux Leather Belt

The sweetest detail of the coat is of course the little bow belt (wearing it upside down is optional of course).  I found this one at Nordstrom for $28.00 and can be purchased from Nordstrom's online store here.

I can't lie to you- I am not really fan of the Aquatalia booties she was rocking but I am not entirely against the idea of booties and tights.  My spin on her brown suede boots are below.

6PM.com

I love me a Nine West shoe!  I have a very similar pair in black and they are all day comfortable and make me feel VERY tall (and at 5' 4" that is an important feeling to get).  They can be purchased from 6PM here for $75.10.

A good handbag is hard to find and boy is that the truth with the brown suede clutch she is carrying.  I now know why she bought that Russell & Bromley bag in probably every color they make it in- once you find a good shape- snap it up!


GIONbag
Leather Clutch LILO

This bag can be worn across the chest, as a shoulder bag OR as a clutch by tucking the straps in.  It is made of genuine sueded leather in Deep Brown and is priced at $99.00.  While that price may be a bit inhibitive it really and truly is the best look that I have found so far.  I of course will search till I find the perfect one (or Russell & Bromley ship to the US).  You can purchase this bag from GIONbag's Etsy shop here.

The final RepliKate that I have are her Grace Kiki McDonough earrings.  They are a halo style stud earring are a great everyday piece of bling to add to any grown-up jewelry collection.


QVC
Tacori IV Diamonique Epiphany Halo Stud Earrings

I found these watching TV too late at night but they are almost EXACT matches.  They are from the Tacori line that was made expecially for them and at 1.15 carats an earring they are a great size as well.  They can be purchased from QVC here for $75.00.

There was just one major item that I was not able to RepliKate perfectly at the moment (but I do suggest some alternative ideas below)- her animal print chiffon dress.  Most that I  found were just kinda scary grandma and would be nothing I would suggest anyone wear outside of the house.  So here goes:

Idea #1:
6PM.com
Mac & Jac Animal Crepe Chiffon Skirt

Since the bottom of her dresses is all we really ever see when she wears her coats you could wear a similar animal print skirt with a basic top in black or brown (or maybe even beige/pink).  This skirt comes in at $41.99 and is listed with the color of Frosted Rose Multi.  It can be purchased from 6PM.com here.

Idea #2:
6PM.com
Ellen Tracy Giraffe Print Dress

Here I have found a chiffon dress in an alternative animal pattern with pleating that would be beautiful peeking out from the pink or white coats above.  The draw backs are that it is lighter than the dress the Duchess was wearing and also does not have the sleeves her dress had.  But for $44.99  it is a great price for a very high-end look with great detailing.  It can be purchased from 6PM.com here.

Idea #3:
Nordstrom
Vince Camuto Leopard Print Tie Front Shirt Dress

Here is my favorite one!

It has the sleeves, it has a great print, it is the right length.  Plus- look at that tie neck! To die.  It is not nearly as soft and pretty as the original Max Mara dress but I am not gonna lie- what a fun surprise when you take off your bow belt and sweetly pink coat to reveal this sexy secretary look.  The dress is listed at $49.97 at the moment and can be purchased from Nordstrom's online store here.

Whew- that was a lot to cover in one post!  What do you all think?  Did you find anything to add to your winter wardrobe to spice things up a bit and keep a small reminder of the Duchess as she is tucked away at home resting?  

Until next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment