Thursday, April 11, 2013

Swingin' in Monochrome

               This last week had a whole gaggle of Duchess sightings and I have one of those ensembles ready to RepliKate!  Both the Duchess and her Prince paid a visit to UK Bereavement and we got a very cute monochrome look out of it.


Catherine kept it simple with her Annoushka pearl drops on her Kiki McDonough diamond huggie hoops.  As some of you may know my favorite RepliKate for these are the ones that I made :-)

Gibbie Girl Designs

I have a few pairs in Silver that will be ready soon if anyone is interested- just leave a comment!

My first coat option.  It has no buttons but has a great collar (or lack thereof actually) and long sleeves.  Not sure it is as "swingy" as the Duchess' but still very close in shape.

SooBEST.com

This "New Simple Collarless Belt Coat" can be purchased for $176.51 from SooBEST.com.

I found several dresses that would make great RepliKates.  The first is from ModCloth.

ModCloth

The "Hello Collar Dress" has the contract collar and the added surprise of a mesh back and exposed zipper in the back.  It can be purchased for $44.99 from ModCloth.com.

For those of you who are really pregnant there is a precious maternity style of this dress from ASOS.

ASOS.com

The "Maternity Swing Dress With Peter Pan Collar and 1/2 Sleeve" can be purchased for $33.91 from ASOS.com.

The jacket that I decided to purchase for myself is below from Rhyme Los Angeles.

Piperlime.com

The "Mia Fitted Coat" is currently on sale for $49.99 from Piperlime.com and is ABSOLUTELY precious on (as I already owned this one).  I would highly suggest it.

The dress that I am considering pairing it with for myself is this jersey dress from Target.

Target.com

This "Mossimo® Women's Jersey Peter Pan Collar Dress" is $18.00 and can be purchased online at Target.com or in stores.  It also comes in numerous other colors if you want to branch from the monochromatic look.

She paired her Episode "Angel" pumps with black tights to finish off her look.  I love the Pretty Polly 100 Denier tights- they will actually keep you warm!

Pretty Polly

Pick up your pair of "100 Denier Supersoft Opaque Tights" in Black for $12.00 from PrettyPollyUSA.com.

I have heard reports back that the "Macall" pumps from RSVP are not terribly comfortable (and rumor is neither are the Episodes...), so I went about to find an alternative pair to get a similar look.

6PM.com

The "Remmedy" by Steve Madden fit the bill to me minus the concealed platform rather than the open one on the "Angel" pumps.  They are listed at $59.99 from 6PM.com and can be purchased there.

What did you think of the Duchess's monochromatic look?

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment