Monday, February 11, 2013

Getting ready for the sunshine!

               I can almost feel the warmth in the sun, which means this years summer will be blazing hot in East Tennessee.  In keeping with the promise of sun soon, I share my RepliKate for the yellow broderie anglaise dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore on the Southeast Asian tour in 2012.

I found this gem while surfing the dresses at OldNavy.com.  I am kind of a dress freak since it is your entire outfit in one piece and in truth are comfortable and require less work to get dressed in the morning.

Old Navy

The "Women's Mixed-Eyelet Dress" in Dayglow Dina can be purchased for $34.94 from Oldnavy.com.

These pesky earrings just keep cropping up don't they?  I am still waiting for my pair from Palm Beach Jewelry to come in the mail but while I wait to cast my final vote on them, here is another great RepliKate from Etsy.

LEBasics

These "Citrine Teardrop Bezel Set in Gold Vermeil" earrings can be purchased from the LEBasics Etsy.com storefront for $38.00.

Now for the Stuart Weitzman "Minx" wedges.  I still don't think I have this one 100% down but the following two pairs of shoes I would totally wear and carry the same theme as the Duchess' shoes.

6PM.com

These "Harbordale" wedges in Cognac from Sperry Top-Sider have gold accents and leather braiding on the upper with an espadrille wedge.  Since they are from Sperry I am sure they are very comfortable and while they are darker than Catherine's wedges, they are a very good looking choice.

They can be purchased from 6pm.com for $64.99.

My second choice are from a favorite brand of my own, Toms.  I wore them on my wedding day after I shed my Badgley Mischkas and I love Toms wedges for the style and comfort they have.  I would bet money the below wedges are no different.

Nordstrom

These "Sierra" wedges can be purchased from Nordstrom.com for $68.95.

My go to for any casual up-do are my trusty Spin Pins from Goody's these amazing little hair gadgets do the work of  20 bobbie pins.  They come in multiple colors depending on your hair color and can be purchased from multiple retailers for around $7.


Goody.com

Funny story- these are what I sent with my birthday card to the Duchess in the far reaching chance she will use these instead of those horrid butterfly clips.  Fingers crossed she got them :-)

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment