Monday, February 11, 2013

UPDATED Which way to wear? Forwards or backwards?

               Big shout out to Betsy on the WKW Facebook page who put me on the trail of this RepliKate for the "Maja" Diane von Furstenberg dress that the Duchess of Cambridge debuted on the 2011 North American tour.

This Eliza J dress has three buttons in the back, 3/4 length sleeves, tie waist and that wonderful green color the Duchess carries off so well.
6pm.com

You can purchase this Eliza J "Midi-Lingth Boatneck Dress" dress in Green from 6pm.com for $59.20.

You may be thinking to yourself- but the dress had the buttons in the back.  And you would be right.  Seems as if the team at 6pm.com got the dress direction wrong.  In the Nordstrom listing (pictured below) the buttons are in the back of the blue version and I believe this is the way it was intended to be worn.  But I guess with this dress you may get 2-for-1.

eBay.com

I am starting to run out of original RepliKates for the Kiki McDonough citrine drop earrings but I thought these were quite cute and we know the Duchess loves her some pearls.

Overstock.com

These DaVonna "14K Gold Pearl Citrine Drop Earrings" can be purchased for $50.49 from Overstock.com.

UPDATE: I forgot the bracelet!!!  I got my duchess "Coronet" charm from Etsy and while pictured in silver it can also be ordered in gold plate and comes with the pictured chain bracelet.


Elizajay Charm

This "Silver or Gold Personalized Crown Charm" can be purchased from the ElizajayCharm Etsy.com store front for $14.95.

Zales

If you want to replace the smaller chain that the charm comes with, this beautiful "Oval Link Charm Bracelet in Sterling Silver and 18K Gold Plate" bracelet is 7.5 inches in length and can be purchased from Zales.com for $67.15.


I was SUPER excited to find this next RepliKate which is a chic look that you can use all year long AND this clutch is big enough to actually fit your iPhone too (6in. x 3in. x 2in.).

VincentVdesigns

This faux-fur leopard clutch can be purchased for $50.00 from VincentVdesigns Etsy storefront.

My new nude shoes for spring is the following pair that look like what the shoe "baby" that would be created if the LK Bennett Harper made a baby with the LK Bennett Sledge.

6pm.com

The Nine West "Maximus" has a hidden platform to make the heel height more comfortable and is in a very pretty nude-pink color.  They can be purchased from 6pm.com for $67.99.

I have several of these items on their way to me and will post an update with real live wear commentary.

Till next time- happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Well, the blue version has the pockets too and the line looks smoother because the lining isn't flipped forward. So now I think you're right. Never mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah- I though the blue might be wrong too until I found out those are the Nordstrom.com images and then it all started to look like the green dress is on backwards.

      Delete