Monday, February 11, 2013

Riding Boots and Capes- Oh to be a Princess...

               Only the Duchess of Cambridge could rock a cape while out casually shopping at her local drugstore.  I am intrigued by the idea, I want to be the princess that wears a cape to run errands- but I am just not sure yet.


Popsugar

The Orvis cape that the Duchess was wearing is no longer in stock and according to their Customer Service- very unlikely to be back in stock in the near future.  I have found a very cute belted cape coat that I wanted to share though.

Dress Barn

Not an exact RepliKate but it is a very cute plaid pattern and since it is belted it is a bit more figure flattering.  This "Plaid Belted Cape" can be purchased from Dressbarn.com for $49.50.

She accessorized the cape with a black pashmina.  You know what my favorite is.


Nordstrom

This "Tissue Weight Wool & Cashmere Wrap" in black can be purchased from Nordstrom.com for $88.00.  Another great option that is not online is the BigBudda line from SteinMart that usually runs around $10 and are a great quality.

Under the cape was a plain black t-shirt.  I always get mine from Gap or Old Navy.

Gap

The "Favorite Long-Sleeve Crew T" in black can be purchased for $16.95 from Gap.com.

On "those" legs it looks to be leggings... but in the cold they could be something a bit more substantial.  For my RepliKate I used a pair of pants I own from Express.  They are made of a Ponte knit and are thick enough to keep off the cold but still look like leggings until you see the five pocket detailing they have.  They also tuck great into boots.


Express

These "Ponte Knit 5-Pocket Pant" can be purchased from Express.com for $59.90.

To finish the whole look off the Duchess wore her Really Wild "Seville" brown suede riding boots.  These are a bit out of my price range but not completely necessary to RepliKate except for the fact that even with the money to buy them I highly doubt they would fit around my calves.  Enter Audrey Brooke who has fulfilled all my wide-calf boot needs.

DSW

These "Adore" calf suede riding boots share some of the same detailing and have a very attractive heel.  I love the quality of my other Audrey Brooke boots and I am sure these will be the same way.  They can be purchased for $139.95 from DSW.com.

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment