Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Rorschach Evening Look

               I know that there have been a few shared RepliKates for the Prabal Gurung Rorschach dress that she wore while on tour but this evening on Target.com I think I have found my favorite so far.  

This floral print follows the Rorschach theme as well as the purple and white colors in the original Prabal Gurung dress.  There are a couple of things that I like about this dress that make it different from the original but still the same idea.  I love the V shaped neckline as this draw the eyes up to the face, the cap sleeves are a bit more forgiving size wise compared to the half-sleeves on the inspiration dress and the fact that the pattern is centered on the dress means that it draws attention to the center of your body rather than the outline of it, which is very figure flattering.

Target

This Mossimo® "Women's V-Neck Cap Sleeve Dress" can be purchased from Target.com for $27.99.

For her jewelry we didn't get a tiara but we did get another outing of the matching set of diamond earrings and bracelet in a floral station pattern (and a matching necklace is said to exist as well).  These must have been the hardest thing of this look to find but if you are in need of a RepliKate of this set I think I have found it on Eve's Addiction.

Evesaddiction.com

For the earrings I picked out "Julia's Antique Style Silver Circle Drop Earrings" that are currently priced at $68.00 and can be purchased from Evesaddiction.com.



Evesaddiction.com

For the bracelet I chose the "Double Row Encircled CZ Sterling Silver Bracelet" that is currently priced at $280.00 and can be purchased from Evesaddiction.com as well.

I had previously tried to RepliKate the Anya Hindmarch "Maud" clutch with only so-so success but this Nina bag is absolutely dead one.  As soon as I have a reason, it will be mine.

Zappos

The Nina "Lima" clutch in Black can be purchased for $105.99 from Zappos.com.

During the search to complete this ensemble I realized exactly why the Duchess always wears one of two pairs of black satin pumps.  Good ones are hard to find and when you do find them, they are expensive.



6PM.com

These sharp pumps are the Badgley Mischka "Vision II" in Black Satin.  I own several pairs of Badgley Mischka shoes from my wedding and they are wonderful and worth the price if you are in the market for a pair.  They can be purchased for $104.99 from 6PM.com.

In the end I would probably only get the dress, since my cocktail moments are few and far between but with boots or leather pumps or your "Cosmic" RepliKates this dress would look great.  What pieces are you looking to add to your collection?

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment