Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year to All with a POP of Red!

                I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and happy new year!  While we were all holidaying I found a few RepliKates that I will post about in a few days that I am very excited about- but first, a look at RepliKate-ing what the Duchess of Cambridge wore for her own Christmas Day church service.

SplashNews.com

She was wearing her Hobbs "Celeste" coat with a few of her trust accessories.  I literally scoured the web for any other coat in the world that was the same color- and there was not one to be found.  Sadface.  But I did find the silhouette and belting so for this RepliKate the original is the only way to truly match.

Rue La La.com


This Via Spiga "Chain Belted Maxi Coat" was found on Amazon for a sweet $137.50.  It has the lapels, the belting, the length, the material.  Just not the color.  Depending on your own style taste that may be O.K..  Coming in at a whopping 5' 4" I won't be wearing any maxi-coats anytime soon as all coats are "maxi" on me :-).

Her scarf is just the right splash of Christmas color in my opinion.  When it comes to scarves I have one go-to place.  Nordstrom.  They have about 40 colors and the wool and cashmere blend is divine and in my climate, not too heavy.  Below you will see it in their Cherry Red color.

Nordstrom

The Tissue Weight Wool and Cashmere Wrap can be purchased from Nordstrom for $88.00.  I highly recommend them.

She wore her Kiki McDonough green amethyst earrings again this year and I have two RepliKate options.  The first is from an eBay Seller that I trust and have used before for custom jewelry.


eBay.com

These are solid 14Kt yellow gold with 7.42Ct of green ameythst and VS quality diamonds.  They can be purchased for $436.00 from eBay seller jewlerypeng.  These are the reasl deal and are therefore priced the same but are a much better tag than what the Kiki's would cost.

The second are from Etsy and are more along the lines of getting the feel for the earring style rather than something exactly the same.  


CJRoseBoutique

These "Gold and Peridot Swarovski Crustal Hoop Earrings" are listed for $48.00 and can be purchased from CJRoseBoutique's Etsy storefront. 

To truly RepliKate the Gucci bag that Kate carried would be committing brand fraud and I am not down with that but there is a Coach wristlet that would do the job perfect and not be a felony misdemeanor.


CoachFactory.com


 CoachFactory.com

At $48.30 why not have a real patent leather purse in red.  It is a great size at 9 1/2" (L) x 5 1/2" (H) x 1 1/2" (W).  $48.30 you say? How can that be?  Well- I never pay full price for my Coach- and do yand I will tell you how.  I signed-up to get the e-mails from the Coach Factory online store and never will again.  You can sign up yourself if you click on the listing link. The bag can be purchased at the Coach Factory online store.

Tights seem to be all the rage these days and Catherine was sporting her very own pair of patterned tights.  I am sure as small as she is she can rock pretty much any brand but this girl (and most of the ones I know) could use a little help. Enter in SPANX brand tights.

Essential Apparel

The SPANX Patterned Tight-End Trinket Tights have a classic crosshatch design and keep everything in the right place all at the same time.  I found this pair at EssentialApparel.com for $20.99.

To finish off her look the Duchess wore her Aquatalia booties that I at moments love and hate all at the same time.  DSW has a great RepliKate from Vaneli as seen below.


DSW.com

They are black while hers are brown but we abandoned the chocolate colored coat at the beginning of the post.  They also have the stretch and buckle detail that the Aquatalia boots have.  These VanEli "Ilpona Bootie" can be purcashed from DSW for $89.95.

The dreaded butterfly clips were also noticed by myself and while they are very good at holding up hair I can't help but think they look at bit unfinished.  Maybe for her birthday I will send her some Goody Spin Pins.  I have a picture of them below and they are AMAZING little hair gadgets that do the work of  20 bobbie pins.  They come in multiple colors depending on your hair color.


Goody.com

I got mine from a local drugstore here in Tennessee but you can get them on Amazon or Drugstore.com fr around $8.00 for a pair of two.  I have one more picture of a style you can create with them.

Goody.com

I think this ensemble provided us with some great pieces to RepliKate and during the time of year a pretty scarf and beautiful coat is just the ticket to perk up the winter blues.

What do you guys think?  Do you like the long coat and bootie combo with patterned tights?

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment