Sunday, January 27, 2013

To cape or not to cape. That is the question.

               There's been a Duchess sighting!!! And it has me contemplating wearing a cape out in public.  Apparently in the UK there are multiple retailers that you can purchase a plaid cape from, but hat is not so true over on this side of the pond.  This was a hard one...

maisie_willis_ Instagram

After much searching and hunting, I finally found what I was looking for from Land's End.

LandsEnd.com

This reversible cape has a camel side and on the other, a great red and blue plaid (a bit less serious for us Yankees).  I m actually really in love with this look and once I can comfortably wear skinny jeans next winter I think that this may be what I rock to stay warm.

The "Women's Reversible Wool Cape" is on sale at Landsend.com for $149.99 at the time of posting.  

To RepliKate the Zara skinnies, the Old Navy "Rockstar" cut are a great option.  They come in a quite a few colors and at $25.00 you won't lose a lot of cheese to follow this trend.

Old Navy

These "Women's The Rockstar Super Skinny Jeans" can be purchased from OldNavy.com.

While the picture is blurry down by her feet it looks as if she is could be wearing an ankle boot and if I had to guess once ones she was wearing, I would take a guess that she is wearing her Aquatalia brown booties.  I have loosely RepliKated these boots before, but I got an e-mail this weekend from MyHabit.com and these Calvin Klein booties popped up and come in more sizes than my Nine West RepliKate.  

MyHabit

These Calvin Klein "Britney Kidsuede Bootie" in Dark Brown can be purchased for $78.00 from Myhabit.com.

While the jury is still out for me on whether or not I can rock a cape out and about, it is still a super stylish move by the Duchess since there is no way a bump could be spotted.  Are you going to take on a cape for the remainder of the winter?  Let us know!

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment