Friday, January 18, 2013

The Duchess' Golden Disney Princess Moment

               We all waited with baited breath in anticipation of a tiara on the South East Asia tour and alas we received none- not even a non-tiara but diamond bauble moment.  But in the end Catherine stayed true to who she is and shined in Malaysia in what I like to call her "Disney Princess" moment.

In looking to RepliKate this look, I thought that I would never find a dress that came near but it only took searching two of my favorite dress stores to find the dress below.

eDressMe

Evening gowns with sleeves that aren't terribly matronly are hard to find so it is no surprise to me that I could get close to the fabric and idea of her dress but nothing exact.  That is just the perils of trying to RepliKate one of the Duchess' bespoke pieces.  This "Shimmering Polka Dot Evening Dress" is made by Decode 1.8 and can be purchased from edressme.com for $268.00.

She accessorized with Catherine Zoraida earrings.  I found a great looking RepliKate on Etsy.


JENNYandJUDE

These "Double Petal Gold Earrings" can be purchased from the JENNYandJUDE Etsy storefront from $25.00.

I think my favorite part of the entire look are her shoes and I have a fantastic RepliKate to share.

Nordstrom


The Pelle Moda "Flirty" Sandal in Platinum Gold is a dead-ringer for the Jimmy Choos that the Duchess wore.  They can be purchased for $149.95 at Nordstrom.com.

The finishing touch was her evening clutch.  She was carrying her Wilbur & Gussie clutch bag.  This was a hard one but I think the two pieces that I found when combined will look great.

Image Bridal

The first component is the "Pink Glitter Handbag" in Bronze.  It can be purchased from ImageBridal.com for $37.95.

The second component is the circular diamante detailing.  I have several antique brooches that would fit the bill, but if you don't have one, this starburst design "Mazer" brooch would look great.

Sparklz

The brooch can be purchased for $78.00 from Sparklz.com.

Where would you think about wearing this look?  I haven't thought of one yet but was so pleased with finding the dress I just had to share.

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment