Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Teal Dress to Liven Up Your Workday

               There are many things in Catherine's "Professional" wardrobe that have little translation to my own everyday professional life.  One of the few exceptions to this is the LK Bennett ensemble that she wore while visiting Leicester with the Queen and Prince Phillip.  

She topped her ensemble off with a floral beret style hat from Lock & Co. Usually I am not able to RepliKate the Duchess' hats but there is a wonderful Etsy seller that has quite a few of her hats for sale.


Girlfabulosity

This hat can be purchased from Girlfabulosity's Etsy.com storefront for $121.50.

I know that the Kiki McDonough earrings that Catherine received from William for Christmas have oft been RepliKated and even I have given several options but I found the following earrings a few weeks ago and think they are an interesting take on the look if yellow gold and all that bling is not your thing but you love the color of the stones.

JTV

These "Round Prasiolite and White Topaz Platineve Earrings" can be purchased from JTV.com for $99.99. (Prasiolite is just another name for Green Amethyst).

I have two other RepliKates and they can be found in the "Happy New Year to All with a Pop of Red" post.

The meat of the look is the teal "Davina" dress and "Jude" Peplum jacket.  In this dress you take the peplum of the jacket and make it part of the dress into one piece.

Target

This Mossimo "Refined Peplum Dress" in Hedge Green can be purchased only from Target.com for $27.99.

Catherine replace the original belt that came with the peplum jacket with another suede belt with a gold buckle.  For whatever reason si was feeling more mono-chromatic in my RepliKate-ing.  I found the following cinch belt on Amazon.  It has a suede from and elastic in the back.


Amazon.com

This Nine West "Women's Suede Tabs 2-Inch Stretch Belt" can be purchased for $38.00 from Amazon.com.

The black suede clutch with that cute little bow is the bane of my RepliKate-ing existence.  Once day I will find the perfect match that is not $900.

For the last bit of the Duchess' look are her black suede Episode pumps.  I found an almost exact match in these RSVP shoes.

Zappos


These RSVP "Macall" pumps in black suede can be purchased for $79.00 from Zappos.com.

What do you think? I used to never consider buying any of my accessories in suede but I am starting to see the beauty in this leather finish.  It is so rich and lush looking.  What choices the Duchess has made have influenced you?

Till next time- happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment