Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Spring Wardrobe Inspiration from Duchess of Cambridge

               With the NON-EXISTENT appearances by our beloved Duchess, I have spent more time than usual shopping on the internet. But this is our gain as I was able to RepliKate the tweed suit by Rebecca Taylor that Catherine wore to a reception in April of this year honoring the Scott-Amundsen Centenary Race to the South Pole.

SplashNews.com

Tonight I was browsing the new collection from New York & Company and found this precious cotton tweed jacket (which I plan to purchase when the next coupon arrive in my e-mail).


New York & Company

This "Fringe Trim Cotton Tweed Jacket" can be purchased from New York and Company for $69.95 is a great color and has many of the strong design details of the Rebecca Taylor jacket.  If you want the extra detailing at the neckline I found some sweet floral appliques you can add yourself.  Personally I will be keeping it simple.

isakayboutique

This ribbon of " Shabby Chic Frayed Vintage Chiffon Rosette Flower" are 3cm in diameter and can bu cut from theribbon and attached to the jacket.  They are priced at $1.99 and can be purchased from isakayboutique's Etsy shop.

Catherine wore the matching tweed skirt but I am not really into a full on tweed look just yet. New York & Company has the "City Double Stretch Flat Front Pencil Skirt" in the same dye lot as the jacket for $42.95.


New York & Company


As some of you may know that I have purchased not one but TWO versions of the double pearl earrings that Catherine debuted at this event.  I am listing the smaller and less expensive version since I think the pair purchased from Astley Clarke are a bit bigger than hers.  I still wear the smaller version when the mood moves me.


overstock.com

These "Sterling Silver Freshwater Pearl Drop Earrings" are by Miadora and can be purchased fro Overstock for $21.59 while they are sale for 10% off. The drop pearl measures 8 to 8.5mm.

The to-die-for Anya Hindmarch clutch that she carried is not easily RepliKated so I have two options.

The first is the non-duchess lifestyle matching clutch that would do us well in real life.  

SaveenStore


This beautiful stamped leather snakeskin bag is in a beautiful shade of navy and is a great size at 5 cm x 27 cm x 1.5 cm.  You can purchase this bag from SaveenStore's Etsy shop for $140.00.

The second is from Elaine Turner and is a closer match to the box clutch the Duchess actually carried.  

RueLaLa

This "Kate" clutch is listed for $129.90 on Rue La La for the moment but can also be purchased directly from the designer.

Zappos

The finishing touch to her ensemble were her Prada navy suede round toe pumps.  I found my RepliKate from Jessica Simpson in the form of her "Calie" pump currently on sale for $55.99 from Zappos.com.  Made of kid suede and in a beautiful shade of Navy- I am currently OBSESSED with this shoe and the grey color is a great RepliKate for the LK Bennett "Harper" shoes the Duchess owns as well.  I think the design on the side of the shoe that give a bit of side foot cleavage is what really does it for me.

I am really excited for Spring and navy and warmer temperatures.  I know in the Southeast we still have a few months to do but I am gearing up for better climes through fashion and severe Duchess of Cambridge withdrawals.

What do you guys think of the RepliKates?  Is there anything you might use to bridge from Winter to Spring?

2 comments:

  1. Hi,just found your blog,love it!keep writing & posting replikates:)
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love writing them to share with you! I just posted about 2 more :-)

      Delete